You can read faster than 500 words per minute

Well, traditional reading involves publishing text in lines and moving your eyes sequentially from word to word. For each word, the eye seeks a certain point within the word. It is called the “Optimal Recognition Point” or ORP. Once the ORP is found, processing the word for meaning and context occurs and your eyes move to the next word. So, when reading, only around 20% of your time is spent processing content. The remaining 80% is spent physically moving your eyes from word to word and scanning for the next ORP.

Spritz will help you to get all that time back. Removing eye movement associated with traditional reading methods reduces the number of times your eyes move and decreases the number of times your eyes pass over words for your brain to understand them. This makes Spritzing extremely efficient, precise and comfortable.

Believe or not, but spritzing can be learned in less than 5 minutes! For more in-depth scientific explanations on just about everything that you might want to know about how Spritz works, check this out.

Spritz is a Boston based startup focused on text streaming technology and its integration into modern communication. The founders are serial entrepreneurs with extensive experience in developing and commercializing innovative technologies.

Posted at 28 of February, 2014 2:29 AM. Written by insexes
Not labeled

Please, login to comment

6 Comments

Juventas
3 year ago

Spritzing is one of the fast reading technology. The whole point is to compute the correct "center" of the word. Could be implemented as a plugin or standalone application. I suppose that it is a grace solution for reading ebooks on tiny screens, especially if the font remains in comfortable size.

@kapirx, you are not depending on this Spritz-App forever. They told that your positive experience with spritzing also increases your regular reading speed.

-------

kapirx
3 year ago

I don't understand the idea: Should I depend on this Spritz-App forever or can I leave the app if i have reached the level of 600 wpm? Confused Roberto

-------

Juventas
3 year ago

@M1N10N, Most of all I appreciated the reverence dedicated to zombies :)

It seems that 600 wpm option was recently added.
Too fast for me. I am dropping words while winking.

-------

M1N10N
3 year ago

It works for me too! I bet that this technology is great finding for tiny displays.
@Juventas, spritz faq section rocks :) Thanks for sharing, it made me smile.

BTW, 600 wpm!

-------

Juventas
3 year ago

I was successfully spritzing too! It took me just a few minutes to figure out what is going on. I selected 250 words per minute to figure things out. Later I was pretty okay with 500 wpm.

If you can read this you can spritz! I like their disclaimer section on FAQ page.
(http://www.spritzinc.com/faq/)

-------

chris
3 year ago

Just tried it out and... it works like a charm!

They claimed that spritzing can be learned in less than 5 minutes and, if you don’t spritz for a month, no practice is needed to return quickly to your previous speed or skill-level.

-------
1 PREV NEXT]]>